NPI invites you to become part of our community.
Your membership in the Newport Psychoanalytic Institute helps support psychoanalysis programs in the arts, education, and community. Our programs include psychoanalytic workshops, seminars, conferences and continuing education for the psychotherapy community. You are ensuring that a resource exists in Orange County, Los Angeles and Pasadena for training in the theory and practice of psychoanalysis.
Membership in NPI is available for psychoanalysts and adult lay individuals who are interested in actively participating in the activities and growth of the Newport Psychoanalytic Institute. Any person who wishes to become a member must make written application to the Administrative Office of NPI. The completed application is then presented to the Membership Committee Chair and Membership Committee for discussion and due diligence. The Membership Chair then presents the applications to the Board of Directors for approval.
Full members of the Newport Psychoanalytic Institute are entitled to list their practice in our Analyst Directory, and have access to the PEP-Web Archive, a fully searchable digital archive of classic psychoanalytic texts. Members with Training and Supervising status may supervise candidates and/or conduct a candidate’s training analysis. Full Members have voting privileges, may hold office, serve on Board membership, as chair of a committee, or serve on committees.
- Must be a Graduate Psychoanalyst of an approved psychoanalytic training program, or its equivalent as determined by this organization
- Must meet the requirements as to character and ethical professional standards as established by this organization and the professional board under which the individual practices
- Must pay such dues and initiation fees as established by the Board of Directors
- Has paid the Life Membership dues as determined by the organization. This fee will be determined by the Board of Directors at the beginning of each fiscal year of the Corporation.
- From time to time the Board of Directors may nominate and designate any person who has made outstanding contributions to the field of psychoanalysis as an Honorary Member.
- The Board of Directors has the privilege and authority to nominate and designate any Graduate Psychoanalyst of the Newport Psychoanalytic Institute for Emeritus status.
- Must be an NPI candidate in good standing
- Any person who is a graduate psychoanalyst and wishes affiliation and ongoing contact with the NCPS and its activities without the right to vote, hold office, or serve on the Board or committees shall be eligible for Corresponding Membership.
- Being a Corresponding Member requires that the individual lives outside of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, and Ventura Counties.
Friend of NPI
- Any individual, professional clinician, lay community, student, etc. who is psychoanalytically interested and wishes to affiliate with our organization may apply for membership.
For more information about becoming a member of NPI download the Membership Application – Click Here.